Spicy fried tofu recipe
Starting from this year, Joseph and I aim to approach frugal living, not only because of our financial situation, but also because we want to live a simple life with less material burden.
One change for frugal living that we start to make is to eat out less. We used to eat out at least two times a week, plus my lunch out with colleagues for about 1-2 times per week. The total cost was usually around $100. Since the beginning of this year, I cook more at home, and $100 can usually cover all our grocery spending for one week.
In a previous post, I shared a fried tofu balls recipe. Today I will share another dish using Tofu. I will call it Spicy Fried Tofu.
- One box of Tofu
- Red pepper
- Sichuan chili paste
- Minced Garlic
- Vegetables as you like (I used enoki mushroom and black fungus)
1.Cut Tofu in rectangle slices. Use paper towel to absorb excessive water.
2. Add oil in the pan (covering about half of the tofu), and fry tofu into turning golden yellow.
3. Put fried tofu in a pan, and keep the oil.
4. Add red pepper and minced garlic into the pan. When you can smell the garlic, add fried tofu. Also add half spoon of sichuan chili paste (if you like spicy food, you can add more).
6. That is it! Tofu is crispy outside and soft inside. This dish goes well with rice.