How to make light and airy cheesecake
Usually cheesecake is too heavy for me. But after making a light and airy one, I can eat three pieces at once!
And most importantly, the recipe is pretty simple and I made many times with no failure!
Ingredients (for an 8-inch pan):
- 235g cream cheese
- 50g butter
- 40g cake flour
- 20g corn starch
- 4 large-size eggs (or 6 regular-size eggs)
- 120g sugar
- 150g milk
Please watch the following video for the detailed procedure.
1. Prepare a hot pot, melt cream cheese, butter, and mix with milk.
2. Separate egg yolks and egg whites.
3. Whisk the mixture of cream cheese, butter, and milk, then add egg yolks into the mixture.
4. Sift the cake flour and corn starch into the mixture bowl, and whisk until smooth.
5. Pour the mixture into a bigger pot, and sit in the fridge with a food wrapper while beating the egg whites.
6. Beat egg whites with sugar. Add sugar slowly in three times. Beat until light and fluffy.
7. Add formed egg whites into the flour mixture. Do not whisk it. Mix from bottom to top and repeat the move. At the same time, preheat the oven to 350F.
8. Prepare the baking pan, and pour the baking mixture into it.
9. Prepare a larger pan with some water on it, and then put the baking pan on it. Bake for 20 minutes.
10. After 20 minutes, adjust the oven temperature to 275F. Then bake for 1 hour.
11. Wait till not completely cooled, and unmold from the springform pan.
It tastes best after refrigerating for about 2 hours.