Fried tofu balls recipe
My husband is a vegetarian. I made fried tofu balls for him yesterday. The taste and texture is quite similar to meatballs or even better because tofu is softer.
- One box of Tofu;
- Mushroom (If you are not a vegetarian, you can use mined pork instead.)
- One egg;
- Some chopped ginger and green onion;
- Soy sauce
1.Put tofu into a pot, and use spoon to mash it
2. Add egg, mushroom, ginger and green onion in. Mix them together
3. Add 3/4 spoon of salt, one spoon of soy sauce, and 1/2 spoon of oil in
4. Scoop put a spoonful tofu and put it in your hand to make a ball (Note: squeeze it a little bit so the tofu ball is better shaped)
5. Repeat 4, and put them all in a plate.
6. Preheat the cooker to 400 degree, and add 160ml oil. The one I used is Presto 06006 Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer purchased from Amazon. The nice thing about it is that it has a heat control and the pot is deep so when you fry things, you don’t need to worry about being splashed by hot oil.
7. Gently drop tofu balls into the pot (alongside the walls). Fry for about 10 minutes. Gently take them out using two spoons to make sure the tofu balls are in shape.
8. And that’s it. It would be nicer to eat right after. So the outside is still crispy while the inside is tender and smooth.