Cheese baked seafood rice
We rarely saw cheese baked seafood rice on the menu of most American restaurants. The only time we had it was in a Hong Kong restaurant when we traveled to California. Even though I am not a big cheese fan, this is so good that I can’t stop eating. So I decided to make one as our dinner.
I made a seafood rice for myself, and since my husband is a vegetarian, I made a veggie one for him. And the process is not complicated at all.
Ingredients for main dish: Onion, Green pepper, Vegetables (zucchini, broccoli, carrot, and corn), Seafood (I used shrimp, squid, and crab meat, but you can add anything you like), Cooked rice, and shredded Mozzarella cheese. The portion depends on your preference.
Ingredients for making cream sauce: Flour (30g), butter (25g), milk (100ml).
For cream sauce, prepare a small soup pot, melt the butter in the pot slowly on low heat, add flour and stir. Add milk little by little while stirring. Finally, add some salt and pepper.
- Fry onion, green pepper, vegetables, and seafood in a pan, add some salt and pepper.
- Pour cream sauce into the pan, and mix sauce with the ingredients evenly.
- Put rice in the oven bowl, and add all the ingredients in 2 on top of the rice.
- Spread shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the bowl, and don’t miss the corners.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree, and bake for about 20 minutes.
Done! The entire process for making two dishes (one seafood and one vegetarian) is about 40 minutes, including the baking time. If you like cheese (or even not so much like me), this is definitely something you can try!