Blueberry mousse cake
Compared to Chiffon cake, Mousse cake is easier to make. There is no flour used and no need to use oven. So today I will take about the process of making a Blueberry Mousse cake.
Ingredients for making blueberry sauce:
- Blueberries: 150g
- Lemon juice: 15g
- Sugar: 50g
Instructions for making blueberry sauce:
- Cut a lemon in half, squeeze half of the lemon juice (about 15g) into a bowl.
2. Use a food processor to beat the blueberries into jam.
3. Boil the blueberry jam on medium heat, add lemon juice and sugar, and stir them well. Heat till boiled. Then turn to low heat, boil till the blueberry jam gets thick. Set aside to cool it.
Ingredients for making the mousse cake:
- Cream cheese 120g
- Plain yogurt 50g
- Sugar 40g
- Whipping cream 100g
- Gelatin 2 envelopes
- Cracker 80g
- Butter 30g
1. Put crackers into a ziploc bag, and use a stick to crush the crackers.
2. Add melted butter into the cracker. Mix them together.
3. Put them evenly on the bottom of the cake pan. Put the pan into refrigerator for later use.
4. Soften cream cheese in room temperature, using mixer to beat it. Add sugar and beat the mixture until they are mixed well.
5. Add plain yogurt into the mixture and beat again.
6. Add blueberry jam into the mixture, use spatula to mix them together.
7. Use hot water to melt gelatin, let it cool down a little bit. Then add gelatin to the mixture. Beat them until smooth.
8. In another separate bowl, beat whipping cream until not watery. Add cream into the mixture. Use spatula to mix them well.
9. Take the cake pan out from the refrigerator. Pour mixture into the pan. Then refrigerate it again, for about 2-3 hours.
10. Take the pan out. Use hair dry on the outside of the pan, so the cake can be detached from the pan.